Community Cultural Event
Date: September 27and 28 - 2014
Venue: Centerville Junior High School, Fremont
Time: Saturday 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Registration is CLOSED!! All the slots are full!
As part of the Sanskriti's Annual Festival and Durga Puja,there will be dedicated time slots for Community Performances to encourage and inspire the local artists and young children who are learning or practicing music or dance. We ask for a nominal registration fee just to partially cover the huge cost of renting a facility to provide you with yet another platform to showcase your talent. Following paragraphs outline the program in detail and the rules and regulations to participate. Register early to enable us plan the event better. Slots tend to fill up fast.
A Group must have at least 4 members. A participant can register only for any two two events. Registration Fee for each event is $15.00 EXCEPT $25 for the new category (see below).
Age 5 to 11: Time Limit 8 mins.
Age 12 to 18: time limit 10 mins.
Age 18+: time limit 10 mins.
Age 5 to 11 - Solo/Group: time limit 5/5 mins.
Age 12 to 18 - Solo/Group: time limit 5/5 mins.
Age 18+ Solo/Group : time limit 5/5 mins.
Classical/ Semi Classical/Devotional/Light Vocal
Age 5 to 11 - Solo/Group: time limit 5/8 mins.
Age 12 to 18 - Solo/Group: time limit 5/10 mins.
Age 18+ Solo/Group: time limit 5/10 mins.
Classical /Semi classical Instrumental (Tabla/Sitar/Sarod/Viloin/Harmonium/Flute etc)
Age 5 to 11 -Solo/Group: time limit 5/8 mins.
Age 12 to 18- Solo/Group: time limit 5/10 mins.
Age 18+ Solo/Group: time limit 5/10 mins.
Short Play (Group only)
Age 5 to 11: Group time limit 8 mins.
Age 12 to 18 : Group time limit 10 mins.
Age 18+ : Group time limit 10 mins.
Solo Dance - Advanced Level (New)
Sanskriti has opened up a new solo dance performance category with very different criteria.
Age Group: 12 - 17
Registration Fee: $25
Time Limit: 10 minutes
Slots available: Only 4
Selection Criteria for this new slot:
1. At least 5+ years of dance training.
2. Participant must have prior experience of solo performance on stage.
3. You tube video needed for the selection.
4. Time is strictly 10min per performance.
5. No live music on stage. Only pre-recorded music.
6. Mention Teacher's name and the Dance School for reference.
Selection of the participants is based on above criteria and the you tube video. Sanskriti's board members hold the sole discretion for selecting the participants.
Things to Keep in mind
1.Sanskriti is strictly going to adhere to time provided in our website for the various categories. Any request for extending the time limit even for a few minutes will not be entertained during the performance or before that.
2. Please make sure before registration that you select the right category for the candidates and the number of candidates for group performance. Manual changes like switching categories, changing the number of candidates etc. will not be done after the candidate completes the registration.
3. Please note that any form of recorded music is the performer’s/group leader’s responsibility.For any such eventuality Sanskriti will continue with the performances as scheduled and not wait/stop for any technical malfunction of the device.
4.Performers/group-leaders are responsible for clearing and cleaning the stage immediately after their performance. Please remove all your instruments, accessories, props etc from the stage. Absolutely no glass item or any kind of fragile item on the stage please!
5. Sanskriti maintains first come first serve policy for our registration process. After registrations slots are over no more special request or in person request please!!!
There will be 6-8 microphones. Please plan the group event accordingly.This is not a segment for an elaborate program. If a coordinator has registered more than 3 groups and planning to perform back to back, please keep in mind that your maximum allocated time limit will be limited to 2 consecutive group slots or a maximum of 20 minutes in such situation. Also, please be mindful of the limitation on microphones and other logistics while planning such things. Such proposals need to be discussed upfront with the cultural lead. We may not be in a position to entertain such requests.